To say that I’m obsessed with Mexican food would be an understatement. If I get to choose my last meal on this planet, it is going to be: a few tacos, some rice and beans and a refreshing margarita. So, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I’ve decided to share with you my all time favorite guacamole recipe (which I am currently destroying as I type).
What you will need:
- 2-3 ripe avocados (seeded and peeled) note- mine were not the ripest for this demo which makes the guac more lumpy, but still amazing!
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 small onion (I prefer red onion, but all I had was white)
- 1 medium sized tomato (seeded & diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- Frank’s Hot Sauce to taste
Step 1: In a large bowl mash up the seeded and peeled avocado. Squeeze half of the lime onto mashed avocado.
Step 2: Add in spices (salt, cumin, cayenne) and continue to mix.
Step 3: Fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomato and garlic.
Step 4: Add in the other half of the lime juice. Optional: add in a few pinches of ground pepper and a few dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce to taste.