After my Nutribullet post (here), I figured it would be a good idea to share one of my beginner friendly green smoothie recipes with you guys. Sadly, green smoothies are often misunderstood. Believe it or not, they don’t all taste like grass. As a matter of fact, you’ll barley taste the greens in my recipe below. There is nothing better than a healthy boost of energy in the morning. It will be love at first sip!
What You’ll Need:
Liquids: 1 cup almond milk (water, coconut water, or milk of your choice)
Greens: 1 handful of leafy greens (I prefer Spinach or Kale…if your a beginner green smoothie drinker I’d go with Spinach)
Fruit: 1 banana and 1 cup other fruit (Strawberry, Mango, Pineapple)
Booster: Chia Seeds (1 Teaspoon)
- If your using a regular blender to avoid chunks be sure to blend in stages (liquids & greens first, then fruit & boosters)
- I like my smoothies cold! Ditch the ice and freeze some of your fruit!
- Experiment on your own, swap my fruit out for your favorites using a 1 to 1 ratio.
- Add 1/4 of an avocado or 1/2 a cup of vanilla greek yogurt to help make your smoothie extra smooth.
- Peanut Butter lovers feel free to add 1 teaspoon of PB ;o)