I am so lucky that my friends love to cook. Recipes and cooking tips are always getting thrown around in group chats and it really forces me to step up my cooking game. A few weeks back my best friend Allison sent me this quick and healthy lemon chia seed muffin recipe. I’m not crazy about lemon baked goods but anything with chia seeds tends to sway my opinions. I switched up the recipe a tiny bit and made a loaf instead of muffins. I am so happy with how it turned out. The lemon taste isn’t overwhelming and it pairs perfectly along side my morning green tea. Check out the recipe below…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter (or 1/2 cup olive oil to keep it healthy)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon Greek yogurt
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested & juiced (they are sweeter and have a less acidic taste then your regular lemon)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Coat the loaf pan with a layer of butter, so it doesn’t stick.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a different bowl, mix together the butter, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice & zest. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chia seeds.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the loaf turns golden brown on top. Use a toothpick or knife to make sure it comes out clean.